It feels like the party season is underway. Halloween gives us an opportunity for a winter get-together and then 5 days later its firework night!
Winter Warmers for Bonfire Night
Standing outside on a clear night can get quite chilly so what better way to warm up than some tasty food and drink?
- Soups are always good – they warm your hands as well your insides!
- I love a roasted pepper and tomato soup with fresh basil. Fill a slow cooker with tomatoes, roasted peppers, basil, garlic and vegetable stock. Put it on early in the day so you have a lovely warming soup for the evening
- Jacket potatoes and baked sweet potatoes are a must
- Make a Thai curry or an Indian curry so you can eat it with the potatoes or with rice
- Vegetable chilli works brilliantly with jacket potatoes or a big bowl of rice
- Roasted vegetables are always popular
- Veggie or nut burgers and sausages will keep the kids happy.
- Add in some vegetarian cheese, coleslaw, salsa, guacamole and you have a great feast of warming foods. Plus it’s all healthy food too
Oops! I nearly forgot desserts and drinks...
- If you are lighting the barbecue: Get some bananas, put some cuts in them through the skin then stuff sweets into the cuts. Wrap them in foil and put them on the barbecue! The grown-up version involves Bacardi gold, amaretto and perhaps some orange juice. This time, skin the bananas, put them in foil with the liquid cook them on the barbecue and yummy!
- Hot chocolate is a favourite with all generations and now we are seeing spicy alternatives to coffee appearing. Check out the Pumpkin spice a chino and turmeric latte from our recipe pages
How to help our pets
There are remedies that help animals. Bioforce does a great range of animal essences. The key ones for firework night would be
- Highly strung – this remedy helps tackle animal fears
- Emergency – is calming to stressed animals
- Separation – helps those who get anxious away from their owners
- Timid – self-explanatory but a timid animal could need a boost around this time.
The great thing about these remedies is that they can be used as soon as people start to let off fireworks not just on the night itself!
Anxiety and fear in humans
If you know you have anxious people around you the following remedies will help
- ARG NIT –this is a homeopathic remedy to support people who suffer from the anticipation of the event. This can go as far as upset tummies and diarrhoea
- ACONITE – this homeopathic remedy deals with fear. It can be very useful if a person has had a negative experience and fears it happening again. Aconite would also be useful if a person has a shock it can ease the symptoms and help them recover
Always remember that homeopathic remedies should be given according to the symptoms. When the symptoms pass, stop the remedy.
Enjoy fireworks night and have a great time!