Heads Together and Mental Health
Last week bought us the unexpected – an election and the positive- a new campaign about mental health.
Don’t worry we are not about to become political but we do see the two as related. The election will provoke reactions.
Think about what you have seen so far.
Anger – not another election!
Confusion – why now? what does this mean?
Indifference – let them get on with it
Our mood and the way we feel will be expressed by our body in any number of ways. Maybe the election does not provoke any reaction in you but something in your life will.
Mental Health covers all aspects of our mental wellbeing and “Mental health” issues include:
- Changeable mood – feeling with drawn one minute and the life and soul of the party another
- Seasonal Affected Disorder
- Work stress
- Emotional difficulties in a relationship.
- Post-traumatic stress
- Panic attacks
and so much more.
If we are struggling with a mental health issue how might that express itself in our body?
The simple answer is in any number of ways because each person will have their own individual expression of symptoms.
Typical symptoms include
- Skin issues
- Digestive issues
- Headaches or migraines
- Hormonal problems
- Immunity is compromised
- Blood pressure changes
- Weight changes
- Libido changes
- Aches and pains
- This is a small section of possible symptoms
Our bodies express our feelings all the time and there are endless examples. It is whether we listen to these warning signs that are the important thing.
Do you recognise these symptoms as an indication that you may be out of balance?
The good news is we can give you lots of help. We can guide you to the right supplements for you. For example, it may be sunny but many of us may still need a boost from D3 – see our earlier blog.
We offer fabulous fruit vegetables and other healthy foods so you can make delicious and tasty meals
If you have a particular issue we will find the right product to help you.
Did you see the Mind over Marathon programme?
Wasn’t it so inspiring to see people face up to life changing events that many of us will never have to deal with?
It was also an excellent demonstration of the sheer scale of issues people are dealing with in their lives.
There are so many resources being made available now –https://www.headstogether.org.uk/
How can we help ourselves?
- Acknowledge you have a problem.
- Talk to someone.
- Get outside especially now it is sunny
- Exercise – gives you those wonderful feel good endorphins
- Eat a Healthy Diet – proteins, fats, complex carbohydrates, water and vitamins / minerals are all essential.
- Practice mindfulness with your eating savour each mouthful of healthy food, take time to really enjoy, think of the healthy benefits to your body
- Stay hydrated. Not drinking enough WATER – not coffee or tea which will put your body under even more stress
- Manage your addictions / bad habits – don’t smoke or drink more. Find a new hobby distract yourself talk to someone
- What do you do for fun? Are you asking what fun is? If so, you need to find it again.
- Get Help
Why not post on our Facebook page what you do for fun? You could inspire someone or get a new idea yourself!
Buy 10 get 10% discount
Free Delivery on orders over £25
SHIPLEY HEALTH STORE – LOOKING AFTER YOU