Product Code: 3430
Vitamin D3 Lemon Melts 2000 provide 2000iu of Vitamin D3 in a tasty lemon-flavoured tablet that is either chewed or easily melts under the tongue.
Vitamin D is essential for a healthy body but it’s estimated that 1 in 5 people in the UK are deficient in this vital vitamin. Did you know that in the UK, the sun isn’t strong enough to produce vitamin D in the autumn and winter? It’s also almost impossible to get adequate vitamin D from food sources, so supplementation is key to obtaining and maintaining adequate levels of vitamin D.
Vitamin D3 Lemon Melts are free from artificial sweeteners and are instead sweetened with xylitol and steviol glycosides and are vegetarian.
Who should take Vitamin D supplements? - The latest advice from Public Health England (PHE) recommends that everyone in the UK consider supplementing vitamin D especially throughout the autumn and winter. Those especially at risk include those who work pre-dominantly inside, who have darker skin and people who usually cover up in the sun, as well as children, the elderly and pregnant women.
Why use the vitamin forms D3? - We use the D3 (Cholecalciferol) form of vitamin D as it the most bio-available form. D3 is the body’s preferred form as it is the same form as naturally produced by the skin in response to sunlight D3. The other supplemental form, vitamin D2, is not produced by the body.
What are the benefits of vitamin D? - The more we discover about vitamin D, the more important we find out it is. Vitamin D contributes to many very important functions within the body, these include:
• The normal function of the immune system
• The maintenance of normal muscle function
• The maintenance of normal teeth and bones
• Supports the process of cell division which is involved in every single cell in the body
• The normal absorption and utilisation of calcium and phosphorus in the body (the mineral balance within the blood, cells and bone)
• The maintenance of normal blood calcium concentrations
Vitamin D contributes to numerous biological functions in the body, including:
• normal function of the immune system
• maintenance of normal muscle function
• maintenance of normal bones, as well as normal utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
• vitamin D also has a role in the process of cell division
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is the preferred form of supplemental vitamin D as this is the form produced by the skin in response to sun exposure.
Ideal maintenance dosage of 2000iu.
Delicious lemon-flavoured melting tablet.
Each tablet typically contains:
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) (50µg) 2000 iu
Lemon juice powder