Back to School – our healthy top 10
31 August, 2017
Back to school is coming very soon – are you and your family ready? There are all sorts of challenges that can occur for your family. It is a time of big change for lots of children and we thought we would give you some suggestions to make it easier and healthier for the whole family
So what do you need?
- A good multivitamin is essential for your children. Most children have certain foods they won’t eat this means they can miss out on important nutrients. A good multivitamin ensures they get all the nutrients they need.
Even if they are good eaters a good multivitamin gives you peace of mind that they are getting all that they need to have plenty of energy to get through the school day.
- Essential fatty acids are important for all of us; our bodies do not produce them. Fish is one of the most effective sources of omega 3 but many children don’t eat fish.
Omega oils are associated with being supportive to brain activity and reducing inflammation. They are important to our health, save yourself the battle and give them a supplement. You get peace of mind and they get what they need!
- Immune support is vital for all of the family. When children go into new classes or schools they start mixing with new friends and in turn encounter new bugs. These bugs come home with them affecting the whole family and bringing colds and virus’ with them
Look out for vitamin C, zinc and beta glucans products to ensure the whole family have the protection they need
- Keeping their gut healthy keeps them healthy! There is an ever growing base of evidence showing that our gut health is vital to our overall health. Give your family the best health you can by ensuring they have a good probiotic each day
- While we are on the subject of bugs head lice can be a real challenge for many families. Contrary to popular belief it is not dirty hair that encourages head lice but some parents are less vigilant than others. Give your children some preventative protection with tea tree oil added to shampoos and conditioners
- Going to school for the first time, changing class or teacher or changing school can generate a lot of anxiety for your family. If you have children getting anxious about any of these situations Arg Nit 30c is a homeopathic remedy that really helps.
Children may get upset tummies or find all sorts of excuses not to go to school.
- Concerned that they don’t want to leave you? For the clingy children who hide behind you and drag their feet about the idea of going to school pulsatilla 30c is a great homeopathic remedy. It eases their anxiety and helps your little one separate from you and enjoy their day. If it’s the first day at school you might even need a dose or two yourself!
- For some families they will have moved to a new area which means a new home, new school and new friends. I know from personal experience this can be particularly tough on the children. I wish my parents had known about Walnut the flower essence. This lovely remedy is really helpful during the early days of transition and supports your family while they find their feet in the new place.
- Do they need a confidence boost? If your children are shy and not feeling confident about the new school year a few drops of confidence essence in their drink each day could make all the difference
- Healthy snacks added to their lunchbox show them you are thinking of them in the day. Pop in some fruit, snack bars and healthy drinks
< PrevNext >