New Year Detox
11 January, 2019
Happy New Year!
We hope you had a fabulous festive season and if you did you may feel in need of a detox…
All that indulgence catches up with us eventually and generally at this time of year we feel ready to clean up our systems.
In theory our bodies can take care of detoxifying themselves. However when we have challenged it with excessive amounts of rich food and drinks, mingled with some stress and or environmental pollutants even the healthiest of bodies needs some help.
Luckily for you our special customers we have prepared a healthy offer specifically to help you make a great start to 2019.
Our package includes:
- Effervescent Vitamin C
- Milk Thistle
- Pukka Detox Tea Bags
- A goodie bag and 4 information booklets as well as a money off voucher!!
Isn’t that a great start to your new year? A ready prepared kit to heal your body.
How will it help you?
Vitamin C offers you help in so many ways:
- It provides us with defence against free radical damage – smoking, alcohol, stress and environmental pollution. It will support your body while it eliminates toxins – which is the key reason for including it in our package.
- BUT you need Vitamin C beyond your detox:
- At this time of year it speeds up our healing during a cold or infection.
- It partners B Complex and between them they manage our cortisol and adrenaline levels – both of which will be out of balance if you had a stressed festive celebration.
Milk Thistle is the liver support:
- Our main detox organ is the liver.
- This nutrient offers the liver much needed support.
- It is an antioxidant and a partner to Vitamin C fighting those free radicals.
- The common mistake we make, especially at this time of year, is to forget to drink water. Understandable when you have so many tempting choices. Good hydration is so important and supportive to our liver.
- When we are dehydrated we put extra strain on our liver.
- Besides detoxing the liver performs many other functions:
- Releasing glucose to give us energy.
- Producing bile so that we can absorb fats effectively and have a healthy digestive system.
- Supporting hormone production.
- Easing mucous membranes.
Zinc is an important mineral it provides:
- You with help to dispose of heavy metals and toxins. This makes it essential to your detox pack.
- In addition: Stressed individuals deplete themselves of most vitamins and minerals and zinc is no exception. The festive season can be stressful in many ways.
- After a time of indulgence we can struggle to stop drinking alcohol. Zinc not only detoxes our bodies but helps us to rebalance our bodies and manage cravings.
- If you are making dietary changes particularly to Vegan or Vegetarian while you adjust you may become short of zinc. It takes time to get your nutrient levels right when you make dietary changes.
- Zinc is a great partner to Vitamin C in protecting your immune system during the cold season.
Pukka Detox Teabags ease you through the day giving you further support in a delicious tea. This tea includes some tasty herbs that support your body during its detox. These include sweet fennel seed, aniseed and cardamom.
Our start-up kit provides your body with the boost you need. If you feel you need to continue the process a little longer then there are various options:
The most obvious detox is diet!
This doesn’t have to be a huge change:
- Just eat lots more vegetables and some fruit every day. Organic is best! Organic food does not contain the preservatives and additives associated with non-organic foods.
- Forget processed foods.
- Eat healthy fats like avocado, olive oil and coconut.
- Add fibre to your diet – porridge does the trick at this time of year.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Limit your sugar intake.
- Reduce your alcohol consumption.
Generally when we make simple easy changes they are more likely to hold.
If you do feel you want a bigger change then consider:
- Elimination diets – gluten, sugar and dairy being the most likely ones to cause a problem.
- You could do the 5/2 diet.
- You could go vegan. We wrote a blog last year to give you an overview on the subject. After writing the blog I went flexitarian so some days I eat meat and fish and some days I am vegan. It works well for me.
- The one thing that made it easier was having a list of meals for my vegan days. That meant I could organise myself so that when it was cooking time I wasn’t standing there with no idea what to cook! Definitely the easiest way for me to get off course!
- How about an exercise plan? We lead such sedentary lives that our bodies become sluggish and slow. Movement and exercise encourage more efficient elimination from our systems.
- A very simple thing to do is dry skin brushing it encourages everything to keep moving in your body and supports elimination processes.
- If stress affects you, try and find solutions. Remember sustained stress places strain on your body. We stay in perpetual flight or fight mode. This puts our adrenals on alert and under pressure all of the time. Ultimately, this can lead to more serious health issues.
Enjoy your detox and we will continue to support you throughout 2019. Happy New Year from the team.
< PrevNext >