Method for tomato base
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees centigrade, 180 fan. Chop onions and garlic and fry in olive oil until soft (3-6 minutes) in a sauce pan then add red wine until this evaporates, stock cube x1, herbs, half a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of pepper, tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, stock cube and 100ml of boiling water.
- Allow to simmer, boil a kettle and place half the dried tvp mince into a large bowl. Combine 1 stock cube, liquid aminos with the mince and enough boiling water so the mince is hydrated. Combine with the tomato base already prepared and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
Method for the white sauce
- Grate the cheddar and slice the mozzarella. Gently heat the butter in a medium size pan and when melted add the flour to make a rue. Gradually add the milk while constantly whisking until all the milk has been absorbed to make the white sauce adding a generous few pinches of black pepper and a teaspoon of mustard. Once you have the sauce, reduce the heat and add ¾ of the grated cheddar stirring until this has melted into the sauce.
- In a casserole dish add approximately a third of the tomato base then add a layer of dried lasagne pasta to cover the tomato base. On top of the pasta add a layer of white sauce. Repeat until all ingredients have been used. On top of the final layer of white sauce place layers of sliced mozzarella and sprinkle the remainder of the grated cheddar. Sprinkle a few pinches of smoked paprika over the cheese and bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes and serve with a light salad or garlic bread.