- The day before: chop the apricots and dates. Dissolve the Biocarottin*, sugar, cinnamon and salt in the water. Add the fruit and mix together. Leave to soak overnight, covered.
- Do not puree the fruit mixture too finely. Lightly toast the almonds, kernels and seeds in a non-stick frying pan without fat. Remove from the heat, add the butter and melt. Combine the fruit puree and muesli flakes and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Line a 30 x 35 cm baking tray with baking parchment. Transfer the mixture to the tin and smooth out. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Leave in the baking tray to cool.
- Turn out, remove baking parchment and cut into pieces approx. 3 x 10 cm in size.
Vitamins, vitamins, vitamins! An energy provider par excellence: a snack for both young and old, energy provider for sportsmen and women, brain food during exam time, for stress at school and in work. Pack between layers of baking parchment in an airtight container. They will keep for about 4 weeks.
Reproduced with kind permission from the Authors: Schindler, Ingrid, and Tricia Bauman. Naturally Fresh & Delicious Healthy Cooking with A. Vogel. Teufen: Vogel, 2009. Print.
- 100 g dried apricots, sulphur free
- 50 g dried stoned dates or dried bananas
- 1 tbsp Biocarottin Instant*
- 50 g palm coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 200 ml lukewarm water
- 30 g almond flakes
- 30 g pine kernels
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 30 g pumpkin seeds
- 30 g sesame seeds
- 80 g butter
- 250 g muesli, e.g. A.Vogel Wholegrain Muesli**
* In place of Biocarottin, you can gently steam carrots or beetroot, puree with herbal salt and mix with yogurt.
**not available in CA/SA/UK